Transportation segment has been the most upcoming in the recent times. Though, this sector had been the most disorganized one as far as Information technology is concerned, but due to passage of time and growing need of business complexities and better control they have started looking for a business solution which can provide them with real time information of their customers and transport details.
Based on requirement they have started using several scattered applications to manage its different functional areas for its transportation business. As the applications are not integrated, duplication of work cannot be avoided and hence on-line, accurate and up-to-date reporting is ruled out.
Hence there is a dire need to put in place an Integrated Business Solution that would present to the process owners and decision makers of the organization a seamless view of various functional domains viz. Transportation Management, Sales Management, Financial Management, Inventory & Stores Management and Fixed Assets Management with proper control and monitoring mechanisms in order to facilitate better and faster decision making in a structured manner.
Ontrack?s Capability on Transportation Management System
The Integrated Business Solution is expected to fetch the following business benefits for the organization:
- Real time analysis on vehicle-wise, customer-wise and location-wise profitability.
- Better management & monitoring of vehicles (Own vehicles and 3rd party vehicles).
- Better Cash Flow management thanks to online information on cash flow.
- Greater visibility across functional areas focusing on Transportation Management, Fixed Assets Management, Financial Management and Sales Management.
- Centralized planning, control and execution thanks to availability of online centralized information repository.
- Faster response to business need and hence greater business efficiency and cash flow.
- Better utilization of resource.
- Greater visibility across supply chain.
- Complete data integrity.
Transportation Management System for a large Civil Aviation Company
Our client, a large civil aviation company of India operating in domestic and the international segment was in need of a holistic system that will take care of increasing expansion and business complexities. The existing legacy system was incapable to address the increased complexities. Special attention was required in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) sector. The company was unable to handle real time queries from the prospective passengers, claims management and scheduling of fleet efficiently.
Ontrack?s business consultants studied the existing complexities and identified the following key functional modules-
- Fleet Management.
- Advertising & Sales Management.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Inventory Control.
- Financial Management.
- Risk Management.
- Resource Allocation.
All the user-friendly modules were integrated holistically with the accrual of following benefits-
- Efficient Fleet Scheduling.
- Centralized information flow leading to better data integrity.
- Less burden on workforce in handling customers? pre-flight queries and post-flight suggestions and complaints due to well-structured, easy-to-retrieve information flow model.
- Inbuilt robustness, high-class security and scalability features.
- Interactive, user-friendly front-end.
- Feature-rich MIS section with efficient report generation mechanism.
- In-built features like what-if analysis and higher management tools aided in better-decision making.
All the above attributes aided in increasing operational efficiency of the client.