Business Process Outsourcing occurs when a client company has
its internal business process(es) performed by a third party service provider
using that service provider's assets.
Business processes consist of core operational processes and
non-core support processes. Non-core support processes that do not include
face-to-face interaction and can be in digital form (electronic or digital
images of documents) are potential candidates to be outsourced and moved to
BPO goes further than technology infrastructure or even
applications. BPO is emerging as a flexible and powerful approach that business
leaders can use to achieve a wide range of tactical and strategic aims. The main
difference between BPO and more traditional IT outsourcing is that BPO offers
companies a way of achieving transformational outcomes much more quickly.
Today, companies are being pushed to lower their costs while
maintaining or increasing the quality and quantity of their outputs. As the
capabilities of outsourcing firms have increased, more business activities are
being moved offshore to increase cost savings. Among the offshore locations
being considered, India is currently the most popular destination.
Benefits of Outsourcing:
- Cost Advantage - Reducing costs by improving
operational efficiency and quality
- Focus on core processes - Outsourcing helps in
focusing the organizations energies on core tasks and leaving operations
management to the outsourcing partner.
- Reduced Management Overhead - One of the most
important motives for outsourcing is to reduce the effort expended on cost
centers. By outsourcing, this effort can be localized.
- Optimized Return on Investment (ROI) ? Costs
incurred on customers can be converted to variable costs which can be 40% lower
than the current running costs. Moreover with little or no investments in
infrastructure the returns would be significant.
- Less emphasis on People Management - Another
area that consumes a lot of effort is managing the people. This task has
This effort could be reduced by
- Scaling up or down as per requirements
- Matching the number of personnel available to the case load in
any given shift
- Improved customer service levels
- Reduced customer support/marketing costs
- Higher sales conversion rate
- Enhanced flexibility to manage service peaks and
troughs, product lifecycles
- Homogeneous, clearly defined processes across
- Greater coverage and number of interactions with
The framework of Ontrack's BPO model is the backbone of its
success. The following is the Ontrack BPO framework:
Strategy Statement : Communicates the purpose
and governing philosophy of the Call Center to the Call Center team, its
customers, and upper management.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
Represent the Call Center's commitment to the level of service it will
aim to provide for a customer.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
SOPs determine the day-to-day procedures for Call Center and customer
interactions and work practices, including
- Escalation Charts
- Contact Lists
- Supported Environments
Ontrack's BPO unit in Kolkata helps organizations in reviewing
their entire cost structure to see where and how they can cut costs without
affecting their output. Presently, the company specializes in Recruitment
Process Outsourcing (RTO) and technical services, targeted at the US and
Resource Process Outsourcing
Capitalizing on the hiring frenzy across the world, Ontrack
Systems has stepped into recruitment process outsourcing business ? a new
opportunity that is fast gaining ground. A typical scenario involves large
recruitment firms having multiple Vendor Managed Accounts (VMA), and has a large
database with dynamic recruitment needs. Continuous update needs to be done to
this database to address all the recruitment requirements with a short span of
Ontrack offers to proactively build a business process with
voice and data support that would build a hot-list of resources for each job
specification enabling a high strike rate. This consists of the entire
back-office services that go into the hiring process ? r?sum? screening,
preliminary interview, updating details, short listing candidates, creating hot
lists, finalization of candidates and getting them on board.
Ontrack offers telemarketing support targeting potential and
prospective customers about products and services in offer and maintaining
existing customer base. An example would include Outbound call for generating
additional sources of leads.
Ontrack's Service Desk offerings create a virtual customer
service center through voice, e-mail and chat on a 24/7 basis. The Kolkata
- India Global Delivery Centre along with the Managed Service Centre
at MaidenHead, UK enables round the clock global delivery
operations for customers across the globe and creates a virtual extension of its
own IT infrastructure support.
Rapid response to issues can ensure increased productivity and
effectiveness. Ontrack Service Desk provides a single point of contact and
accountability with guaranteed escalation and proactive call management.
- Dedicated Support Teams
- Single Point of Contact
- Level 1-3 Support
- 24/7 Operations with out of hours Oncall Engineer
- Regular Management Reporting
- Route Call Analysis
Our Service Desk Specialists can remotely diagnose and rectify
IT issues in real-time with the user by utilising advanced remote management
facilities. Analysis of call patterns can also provide valuable input to
customer training needs.
We offer effective and comprehensive support and service
solutions using different methods of communication. We provide companies with a
means to conduct Interactive, Personalized and relevant Communications with
customers across both Electronic and Traditional channels. We use the Internet
to integrate and simplify customer-related business processes, drastically
reducing costs of customer-facing operations while achieving CRM's primary goal
is to enhance the customer experience.
Category of Services offered are:
IT Help Desk - Services provide technical problem
resolution and support for SME/Large corporate landscapes. Typical
services include level 1, 2 and 3 technical support, system problem
resolutions related to desktop, notebooks, OS, products, applications,
connectivity etc., office productivity tools support including browsers and
mail, new service requests, product usage queries, IT operational issues,
routing specific requests to designated contacts and remote diagnostics
(password reset, desktop control).
SAP Basis Support - One of the primary areas of technical
support services is SAP Basis. It enables the global companies to have remote
access of an expert pool of Basis Administrators.
Our BASIS Consultancy includes the following services:
Type of Support:
- Hardware Sizing & Landscaping
- SAP Installation and Upgrade
- User, System & Database Administration
- User Authorization Management
- Security Management (Role changes etc)
- Support Patches Administration
- Workload Analysis
- Printer & Spool Administration
- EarlyWatch Administration & Report Analysis
- Voice & Data
- Customer service Overflow calls
- Information requests
- Product support
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Market research
- Lead generation
- Email Support
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
Benefits provided by our seamless, managed and fully accountable
- Reducing costs by improving operational efficiency and quality
- Improving profitability within shortening BPO contract periods
- Dynamic enhancements to match client requirements
- Increasing ROI by realizing business benefits sooner
- Establishing a 'win-win' relationship for vendor and client
- Meeting SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and tracking
performance through accurate process monitoring and reporting
- Rapid rollout to avoid long and costly development and
- Scalable approach to clients business plans
- Solutions to deliver 'best practice' processes
- 24x7 approach to business continuity management
Security is a major issue that global companies evaluate when
considering and differentiating offshore service providers. Ensuring that
adequate security is in place requires an initial investment by the service
provider and also carries ongoing operating costs. It takes care of the
following three major areas in outsourcing arrangements:
- Privacy and data protection
- Intellectual property
- Executive accountability
The center has been assessed at BS7799 Information Security
standards and ISO 9001: 2000 process definitions.
Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Centre ready at a separate premise. Can be
made active within 4-8 hours of notice.
- Backups are taken at regular intervals.
- Backed up data are moved to offsite locations.
- In the event of an equipment failure, services are restored
with no noticeable interruption.
- A communications link failure is handled via the backup links
on different media and providers with no loss of operations.
- Data failures, e.g. a virus attack, are be recovered without
much loss of time.
- If there is a facility level failure, partial operation can be
restored using other facilities, if so provided for.
A basic and important requirement of the support center is
trained manpower. Typical training programs are conducted by industry standards
throughout the year.